26/04/2011
Woke up feeling a little better which isn't saying much.
I walked around the thoroughly uninspiring Puno for a bit before finding a cafe for some soup. I felt like such a tool ordering soup and a cappuccino but there we have it. I felt a little full afterwards but better. The cafe itself was also nice and had a random playlist of mainly British bands such as Robbie Williams, Keane and U2.
While I was there I also planned the rest of my trip`.
Tomorrow I am heading to Bolivia, where I will spend some time by Lake Titicaca , some time in La Paz (administrative capital city including a mountain bike down the former world's most dangerous road) and I will also visit the amazing Salar de Uyuni salt flats - to get the reason why, look them up on Google.
I will then head down to Chile and spend some time in Valparaiso, Santiago and also cross into Argentina to see some pretty lakes.
After this 'lunch', I spent half an hour trying to find an internet cafe with webcam for a Skype with Amy. I went into around ten in total of which four advertised themselves as having webcams but didn't in fact have any - this got me annoyed and I angrily said 'Por que dice Webcam?´ a few times which made me feel like I had the moral upperhand.
I eventually found one and talked to Amy and by chance, the foreigner herself, Marieke. Had a nice catch up with both.
While I was there I bumped into some guys I'd previously met in Cusco - coincidence or what! They are quite rah and wannabe lads-on-tour but they were nice enough to chat to.
I then booked my ticket to my next destination, Copacabana in Bolivia (the famous beach in Brazil takes its name from this place).
I then went for dinner at the standard time of 4:45pm , and got a Caesar Salad which I wasn't so ashamed of as there's a medium-to-high chance I'd order this at home anyway.
It was without doubt the best I have ever had - soft croutons, creamy sauce, crispy bacon. Mmm. It felt really good to get some solid food down me as well.
I then went to settle up at my hostel and the bill came to 112.50soles. I had 113 which I assumed would be fine but she had literally no change at all which was utterly ridiculous.
She then took the 113 and made me come back later to collect the .50soles (equivalent to 11p).
How unbelievably petty.
JG
Introduction
My name is Jonathan Guy, I'm 19, and I have always lived in England.
I'm spending two months in Panama on mission with a Christian organisation called Operation Mobilisation.
Between February 8th and May 31st 2011, I'm going abroad.
I'm spending two months in Panama on mission with a Christian organisation called Operation Mobilisation.
The work is partly Evangelism (spreading the word of God) with indigenous tribes in the jungle, and partly work in local communities. I'm then spending 5o days travelling in South America.
This blog will house my thoughts, my emotions, my revelations and everything I experience during my 16 weeks away. If such a premise is of any interest to you, I hope you will follow this blog and enjoy reading about my exploits.
No comments:
Post a Comment