07/04/2011
Started the day with a nice big bowl of Nesquik cereal. It´s the one influx of calcium I have as I don´t take milk in coffee, tea or with other cereal but in Nesquik cereal, the milk goes all chocolatey and you can drink it afterwards without being repulsed.
We decided to actually do something today as we´ve been lounging around the house for a few days now and the novelty has somewhat worn off.
So we got a taxi to a lodge in Cerro Punta where there´s an awesome upstairs area - table tennis, random books, table football and they also bring you drinks. I had the nicest hot chocolate - well perhaps second nicest to a Starbucks Signature Hot Chocolate.
We chilled out there for a bit but then I left early as I had a Skype appointment with my parents. I´ve only been able to talk to them once (apart from emails) since I´ve been here so it was nice to catch up and to see a bit of the house through the webcam. It just seems like a past life, I have no idea how I´m going to fit back in once I get home.
All my family are well, pretty much, and things in the village are the same as they always are.
I spent most of the afternoon melting my eyes by catching up with some people on Facebook - I feel so out of the loop which is obviously what happens when you leave an area for eight weeks but already a lot of things have changed. I´m so encouraged to hear how awesome First Sunday has been and how it´s going from strength to strength.
The evening was spent playing Phase 10, an awesome card game, and spoons in which I came third of four. Need to work on my reaction times a bit.
For the first time since I´ve been back, I´m going to bed by 10pm. I´ve stayed up later than 3am on three occasions this week either chatting to people or uploading pictures. Can´t be good for me but I can handle it.
JG
Introduction
My name is Jonathan Guy, I'm 19, and I have always lived in England.
I'm spending two months in Panama on mission with a Christian organisation called Operation Mobilisation.
Between February 8th and May 31st 2011, I'm going abroad.
I'm spending two months in Panama on mission with a Christian organisation called Operation Mobilisation.
The work is partly Evangelism (spreading the word of God) with indigenous tribes in the jungle, and partly work in local communities. I'm then spending 5o days travelling in South America.
This blog will house my thoughts, my emotions, my revelations and everything I experience during my 16 weeks away. If such a premise is of any interest to you, I hope you will follow this blog and enjoy reading about my exploits.
No comments:
Post a Comment