Introduction

My name is Jonathan Guy, I'm 19, and I have always lived in England.
Between February 8th and May 31st 2011, I'm going abroad.

I'm spending two months in Panama on mission with a Christian organisation called Operation Mobilisation.
The work is partly Evangelism (spreading the word of God) with indigenous tribes in the jungle, and partly work in local communities. I'm then spending 5o days travelling in South America.

This blog will house my thoughts, my emotions, my revelations and everything I experience during my 16 weeks away. If such a premise is of any interest to you, I hope you will follow this blog and enjoy reading about my exploits.


Tuesday, 5 April 2011

#61 - Fruity

03/04/2011 (posted 06/04/2011)

Got up a little later than usual and has loads of cereal, fruit salad, coffee and bread simply because it was there. It´s just such a novelty having all this delicious processed food.

We went to Casa de Luz for one final Sunday service.
It started off with a great block of worship - excellently chosen and performed songs.
We then did our Jailhouse drama and when Jarett came in as Jesus, the audience were cheering and clapping. As a performer, it gave me so much adrenaline and for about twenty minutes after my heart was still thudding from it. I gave my testimony which I really love doing as it´s a chance to be totally honest about where I´ve come from and where I want to go towards. The nature of my journey towards God means that it works well as an encouraging story for both youth and adults so after the service, people came up to me and hugged me and said hearing my testimony was such an encouragement.
Roger then gave a completely improvised sermon which was just straight from the heart. One thing I really respect in him as a Pastor is that each week, He challenges his congregation to be more proactive in their faith and not just save their emotion and excitement up for Sundays. He truly is a blessing to the church.

I spent the afternoon chilling and posting a few blogs and doing almost nothing else. Just having the time to completely veg out and do nothing except eat gross amounts of delicious fruit is so fun.

Throughout the day I consumed four cups of coffee and maybe four heaped bowls of fruit salad as snacks. It´s just impossible to resist a massive bowl full of pineapple, mango, melon and more delicious fresh fruit.
Mmm.

Pretty much nothing else to report - my day wasn´t exactly packed.

JG

No comments:

Post a Comment