08/04/2011
Didn´t do much this morning except go to the Panaderia and drop some washing off at the launderette.
Standard.
We went to Amanda and Tony´s for lunch. It was one of the best I´ve ever had.
Tony barbecued some chicken to perfection and there was an unreal amount of meat on each piece. After the scrawny rubbish that I killed in the tribes, this was just so succulent and amazing. I´m running out of superlatives.
Accompanying it was a fresh green salad with vinaigrette and a delicious potato salad and some soft brown rolls. And some Fresca to drink. Followed by brownies and ice cream for dessert.
Like I say, it was a great meal.
Afterwards we stayed and watched a film called God´s Finger about healing which I would recommend to all of you - it´s on YouTube in several parts I believe.
While watching the film, Andy and Jonny annoyed Christina by trying to get the dog to lick her face. It was pretty funny but not for her, bless her.
When we got home, we felt we couldn´t eat anything for several hours but within an hour were eating Mexican food for dinner.
Ryan and Albin took Christina and Bonnie to David so they could get a bus which left me, Jonny, Jarett, Jess and Andrew.
We decided to mark the final night in Volcan with a drinking game.
But, remembering we are on Christian mission, we decided to do it sans alcohol so went to the supermarket and bought a 4l bottle of milk.
We started by using the unbelievably strong fruit punch as the staple and after we got through around six or seven litres between the five of us, we moved on to using milk as the staple.
By the end of the game, the four litres of milk was all gone.
If you´re unfamiliar with the game, you put a deck of cards in a ring around an empty pitcher in the middle of the table and draw cards in turn. Each number has a different task to do and by the end of it you end up having drank a lot.
Every time a king comes up, the person who drew it has to add stuff to the pitcher in the middle and the person who draws the fourth king has to drink the pitcher in the middle. So if you draw a king, you can add some truly horrendous stuff but in doing so are taking the risk that it may be you drinking it at the end.
We progressed through and all felt very ill indeed - if anything alcohol would be easier to drink in such quantities compared to the punch which was horrifically sweet or pure milk.
And guess who drew the fourth king.
The pitcher contained tomato salsa, soy sauce, milk, enough of the juice powder to dilute 3l of water, apple fanta, coke, tomato ketchup and more
Introduction
My name is Jonathan Guy, I'm 19, and I have always lived in England.
I'm spending two months in Panama on mission with a Christian organisation called Operation Mobilisation.
Between February 8th and May 31st 2011, I'm going abroad.
I'm spending two months in Panama on mission with a Christian organisation called Operation Mobilisation.
The work is partly Evangelism (spreading the word of God) with indigenous tribes in the jungle, and partly work in local communities. I'm then spending 5o days travelling in South America.
This blog will house my thoughts, my emotions, my revelations and everything I experience during my 16 weeks away. If such a premise is of any interest to you, I hope you will follow this blog and enjoy reading about my exploits.
No comments:
Post a Comment