16/04/2011
Woke up pretty late and didn´t feel too great.
Though I admit I had one too many beers, it has to be said that since I´ve got here I haven´t taken any time to rest or adjust to the climate and also haven´t drunk much water.
By happy coincidence, the Man U-Man City derby was on which I watched and then Murray vs Nadal was on straight after! I ended up not leaving the hostel until 5pm but felt so much better. I´ve finally recovered the whole night´s sleep I lost whilst travelling here.
I went for a little walk and found a nice pizza joint so ordered a pizza and chips.
I ate it unbelievably quickly (first bit of food in the whole day) and it was beautiful.
After that, I walked around a bit more and then went back to the hostel where I watched Marley and Me.
It is a great film and I can see why people cry at the end - I just about held back the tears.
And then I went to bed. What an action packed day. But at least I´m ready for Machu Picchu now.
JG
Introduction
My name is Jonathan Guy, I'm 19, and I have always lived in England.
I'm spending two months in Panama on mission with a Christian organisation called Operation Mobilisation.
Between February 8th and May 31st 2011, I'm going abroad.
I'm spending two months in Panama on mission with a Christian organisation called Operation Mobilisation.
The work is partly Evangelism (spreading the word of God) with indigenous tribes in the jungle, and partly work in local communities. I'm then spending 5o days travelling in South America.
This blog will house my thoughts, my emotions, my revelations and everything I experience during my 16 weeks away. If such a premise is of any interest to you, I hope you will follow this blog and enjoy reading about my exploits.
No comments:
Post a Comment