Introduction

My name is Jonathan Guy, I'm 19, and I have always lived in England.
Between February 8th and May 31st 2011, I'm going abroad.

I'm spending two months in Panama on mission with a Christian organisation called Operation Mobilisation.
The work is partly Evangelism (spreading the word of God) with indigenous tribes in the jungle, and partly work in local communities. I'm then spending 5o days travelling in South America.

This blog will house my thoughts, my emotions, my revelations and everything I experience during my 16 weeks away. If such a premise is of any interest to you, I hope you will follow this blog and enjoy reading about my exploits.


Tuesday, 5 April 2011

#63 - Brief debrief

05/04/2011 (posted 06/04/2011)

After I finish posting this, I´ll finally be up to date with my blog and I can start to look to the future. It´s taken about three days to upload from the 17th March onwards.

Today was our last day with anything scheduled.
We spent the morning having a debrief discussion in which we went over all of the positives, negatives and gave some suggestions for improvement for OM. It was a really valuable time and was great to relive some of the memories of the past few weeks. I´ll give a little summary of the trip at the end of this week so stay tuned for that.

After that, I again did very little. I helped Andrew and Jess cook lunch which was beef and sauteed potatoes in an improvised random sauce that turned out delicious, even if it did take two hours.

After that, I took a well-deserved (cough) trip to the Panaderia with Jonny to get a cinnamon doughnut.

In the evening we went to Clint and Becky´s house for dinner. They are a couple who moved to Volcan a few days before we left for the outreach - they´re full-time missionaries and are here to help set up a training school for OM. The food was delicious - a range of pastas and sauces with ice cream and coffee for pudding. Listening to them talk about their experiences of missions and stuff was really interesting - I´m still fairly sure I´m not called to do long term mission work but it´s fascinating hearing all their stories and how they balance family and work. He said the key is to put family first always.
They´re a very nice couple and their kids all have a great sense of humour even though they´re fairly young.

I showed a few of my photos after the meal and we then said our goodbyes and came home.
I then posted eight blogs, of which this is the eighth.
FINALLY I´m caught up!

JG

No comments:

Post a Comment