Introduction

My name is Jonathan Guy, I'm 19, and I have always lived in England.
Between February 8th and May 31st 2011, I'm going abroad.

I'm spending two months in Panama on mission with a Christian organisation called Operation Mobilisation.
The work is partly Evangelism (spreading the word of God) with indigenous tribes in the jungle, and partly work in local communities. I'm then spending 5o days travelling in South America.

This blog will house my thoughts, my emotions, my revelations and everything I experience during my 16 weeks away. If such a premise is of any interest to you, I hope you will follow this blog and enjoy reading about my exploits.


Tuesday, 31 May 2011

#119 - Home at last

31/05/2011

At one stage of the flight, there was three and a half hours to go and around this time I realised that I had the option of watching Lord Of The Rings: Return Of The King which is a similar length - I then set about watching the film.

And as I expected, by the time it was coming to a close our flight also was and in fact I missed the very end scenes as the pilot turned off the monitors about fifteen minutes before landing. Spoilsport.

There was a slight delay in leaving the plane as someone needed medical assistance and had to be seen to/whisked away before we could leave. But eventually, I got off and took the tram down to immigration and baggage reclaim.

And my bag finally turned up, and I left the room and made my way for the exit where my mum would be waiting.

And there she was, with my sister as a nice bonus surprise. I managed to get through the doors without them seeing me and then surprise them by tapping on the shoulder from behind.

And at this point my trip was over. Abnormality had become normality, strangers had disappeared and been replaced with my family, South America was replaced by England. I was back in my home country, where I belong, and the culmination of the last sixteen weeks was complete.

All was back to normal. All was well.

Signing off for the final time - JG

No comments:

Post a Comment