22/05/2011
I was tempted to sleep in but it's the final day of the Premier League season and I wasn't going to miss the relegation action - the time-difference meant that all the games started at 11am here.
So I basically sat at the computer watching the BBC text live coverage and updates, reading about each chance and watching the teams move between the relegation spots as each goal went in in each game. Purely because of the entertainment they bring to each match, I was hoping for Blackpool to stay up and the prospect of Birmingham City AND Wolves going down (I'm a Villa fan, they're rivals) was delicious but in the end I settled for our most bitter rivals, the Blues.
Obviously it's a shame but I will have bragging rights over my several friends and family members who support them which is a nice prospect.
After that, we had some beautiful lasagne - I don't know what Ximena did but everything about it was just outrageously tasty.
In the afternoon, Robert took me to a small national park right by the centre of Temuco which is rich in wildlife and woodland and has a great mirador overlooking the whole city - though this may not be the most beautiful city in the world by a long stretch, anywhere looks impressive from a long-distance view over a massive distance.
After that, we came home and I watched a bit of Two and a Half Men which I have sorely missed in the past couple of weeks in hostels without my own TV.
Natalie then said she was going to hang out with some friends and asked if I wanted to come. I readily accepted so we went to hang out for a bit, got some beers and went back to the house of one of them to hang out. Luckily they all speak fairly good English and I understand a bit of Spanish so we got on well. There was also a chinese throw somewhere into the mix which made the evening even better.
JG
Introduction
My name is Jonathan Guy, I'm 19, and I have always lived in England.
I'm spending two months in Panama on mission with a Christian organisation called Operation Mobilisation.
Between February 8th and May 31st 2011, I'm going abroad.
I'm spending two months in Panama on mission with a Christian organisation called Operation Mobilisation.
The work is partly Evangelism (spreading the word of God) with indigenous tribes in the jungle, and partly work in local communities. I'm then spending 5o days travelling in South America.
This blog will house my thoughts, my emotions, my revelations and everything I experience during my 16 weeks away. If such a premise is of any interest to you, I hope you will follow this blog and enjoy reading about my exploits.
No comments:
Post a Comment