Introduction

My name is Jonathan Guy, I'm 19, and I have always lived in England.
Between February 8th and May 31st 2011, I'm going abroad.

I'm spending two months in Panama on mission with a Christian organisation called Operation Mobilisation.
The work is partly Evangelism (spreading the word of God) with indigenous tribes in the jungle, and partly work in local communities. I'm then spending 5o days travelling in South America.

This blog will house my thoughts, my emotions, my revelations and everything I experience during my 16 weeks away. If such a premise is of any interest to you, I hope you will follow this blog and enjoy reading about my exploits.


Wednesday, 18 May 2011

#106 - Nothing much to be honest

18/05/2011

Started the day slowly.
I left myself forty-five minutes to shower, dress and finish packing before check-out at 10:30am - it says on the wall that if you check-out later, you have to pay for another day. What I didn't take into account was that there would be a woman showering, in one of the two showers enclosed in cubicles, who decided to lock the door to the whole room so I couldn't get in.
I made it downstairs at 10:35am and they let me off.

I went for a little walk round Bariloche and got a toastie for lunch. I was very tempted to get one last cappuccino and delicious, intricately designed cupcake but I resisted.
I then went to the bus station and got on my way to San Martin de los Andes, in theory a three-and-a-half hour bus journey. However, we were held up which meant that I missed a Skype call with Amy which was annoying.

Upon arrival, I was offered a private room in a bed-and-breakfast for A$53 (53 Argentinian Pesos) but I turned it down as my guidebook said the Hostel International was cheaper, and even cheaper with a HI Card which I have.
However, it turned out that it was A$55 per night with a HI Card but by the time I realised this, it was too late to turn back. Bad decision - instead of a private room with private room and TV, I'm sharing a room with a bald old man.
Gutted.

I headed out for some dinner and ordered a salad with chicken, cheese, carrot and tomato. I assumed that this would be on a bed of lettuce, but it was just a load of chicken, cheese, carrot and tomato on its own. At least there was some complimentary french bread, and it was pretty tasty to be fair.

After that, I went to check my emails and hoped to see a bit of San Martin but the weather is very gloomy and rainy so that will have to wait.
Apparently this is a nice, small, relaxing place so I'm looking forward to chilling out and taking in the place tomorrow, almost certainly with a coffee and some delicious chocolate from one of the numerous chocolate shops I passed while walking round.
Mmm, chocolate.

JG

No comments:

Post a Comment