13/05/2011
I started this morning still on the same bus as yesterday.
The highlight, and there weren't many events to pick from, was a woman coming on to sell fresh pastry things made with Dulce de Leche, a really sweet caramelly sugary paste. They were absolutely scrumptious, and I won't say how many I had.
We FINALLY arrived in Santiago at 1pm, by which stage I had read loads of my book and was very much ready to see some fresh air and get off the damn bus.
I got off and straight away booked my bus to Temuco, where my dad has a friend who I will be seeing. It was scheduled to leave at 9:30pm which gave me around eight hours to kill in a new city in clothes I'd been in for twenty-four hours without washing.
So I started by getting some lunch at McDonalds, I'm slightly ashamed to say. It was nice though, I'm also ashamed to say.
After that, I went to an internet cafe to do some stuff and chat to people. I've started making arrangements for social gatherings that are gonna be happening in my first week back. After that, I went to cafe and read my book for three hours. It's 'Absolute Power' by David Baldacci and is brilliant.
It was finally time for my bus, so on I got and sat down. For a few minutes I thought I would be lucky enough to have the seat next to me free but then a very large man came up and sat next to me.
Great.
As it transpired, he both breathed heavily and snored which was great. The bus was like a zoo - at one stage, there was noise coming from:
The big guy next to me snoring
An old guy across from me snoring with the most ridiculous sound you could imagine
A Spanish-dubbed 'We Were Soldiers' on the tv
A little kid behind me crying, and kicking my chair for good measure.
I didn't get the best night's sleep.
JG
Introduction
My name is Jonathan Guy, I'm 19, and I have always lived in England.
I'm spending two months in Panama on mission with a Christian organisation called Operation Mobilisation.
Between February 8th and May 31st 2011, I'm going abroad.
I'm spending two months in Panama on mission with a Christian organisation called Operation Mobilisation.
The work is partly Evangelism (spreading the word of God) with indigenous tribes in the jungle, and partly work in local communities. I'm then spending 5o days travelling in South America.
This blog will house my thoughts, my emotions, my revelations and everything I experience during my 16 weeks away. If such a premise is of any interest to you, I hope you will follow this blog and enjoy reading about my exploits.
sounds like a great bus trip, cant believe i missed out on it!
ReplyDeleteooohh having my own account now lets me comment really easily, you should really change your comment settings to that everyone can comment:)
ReplyDelete