Introduction

My name is Jonathan Guy, I'm 19, and I have always lived in England.
Between February 8th and May 31st 2011, I'm going abroad.

I'm spending two months in Panama on mission with a Christian organisation called Operation Mobilisation.
The work is partly Evangelism (spreading the word of God) with indigenous tribes in the jungle, and partly work in local communities. I'm then spending 5o days travelling in South America.

This blog will house my thoughts, my emotions, my revelations and everything I experience during my 16 weeks away. If such a premise is of any interest to you, I hope you will follow this blog and enjoy reading about my exploits.


Tuesday, 31 May 2011

#117 - Pilates and Fifa

29/05/2011 (posted 31/05/2011)

Slept really well - yesterday was a long day and spending so much time at airports and on airplanes is really tiring.

I went with Ann, Bill, Katie and Andrew to their local church which is just down the road. It was a little smaller than Myton and had a great atmosphere - the worship band were really tight and nailed each song and the sermon was in English which was a welcome change from recent experiences. The message was spot on as well - about missions funnily enough, and how we should all get involved whether it is abroad or right on our doorstep.

We then returned for homemade hamburgers which were truly delicious, accompanied with fried sweet potato.

The afternoon was spent just chilling out, listening to John Mayer and doing pretty much nothing. I Skyped Amy and my good friend Jacob who filled me in, so to speak, on all of the gossip from Harbury. But except for these conversations, nothing really happened.

Until, that is, Katie jokingly asked if I wanted to do some pilates and I had nothing better to do so accepted. What followed was both excruciatingly painful and embarrassing - stretching and moving around like a gimp on a carpet as various members of their family walked in and out laughing. My body went through turmoil but it was some exercise for the day which is always a positive. It has to be said that I felt very camp afterwards though.

Dinner was a nice salad accompanied by a London Pride beer which Ann had gone to special lengths to get and I appreciated greatly. We then had some freshly-made cake for dinner which was absolutely scrumptious.

After that, some of Andrew's friends came over and we all hung out playing Fifa - my skill level has decreased dramatically through not playing it for months, and it was depressing to be so playing so wretchedly badly. That said, I scored a beautiful goal with Benzema after a counter-attack with him and Ronaldo.

I leave for home tomorrow. Crazy thought.

JG

No comments:

Post a Comment