20/05/2011
Up at 5am again - what is it with that time?
Went to the bus station and caught my bus to Pucón. It was just me and two other people for a while - I didn't really care though, I just slept.
Had to go through Chilean customs again to re-enter the country but luckily they didn't search my bag for naturally grown products this time - such a waste of time. At the office there was freshly fallen snow outside which made it probably the nicest customs office I've been to so far. It looks ominous for Pucón though - I want some sun.
Got to Pucón and as I got off the bus, a guy accosted me and told me about his hostel. It seemed good and cheap so I went, and it is a great place - I'm sad to be staying here only one night. I am in a dorm but no-one else is there, there is a nice bathroom and a room with free internet access and a big TV.
Sorted.
Went to the town to have a bit of a look, and it's nice though I'd prefer to come back in the summer. I Skyped my family as it is my mum's birthday - won't say the age - which was nice.
I had a beautiful dinner at a nice place on the main street, and as I was walking back saw a sign advertising an evening visit to some thermal springs. The spontaneous side of me took over and I went for it.
We arrived at around 9pm and there weren't too many people luckily. They are outdoor pools with insanely naturally hot water, like massive outdoor hottubs essentially. I've been to some already (on the Salar de Uyuni tour and after Machu Picchu) but these were certainly some of the best. What is also great is getting out, having a freezing cold shower and getting back in.
Absolutely beautiful.
Our group stayed in until 11pm, just relaxing under the stars.
A truly excellent way to spend the evening.
JG
Introduction
My name is Jonathan Guy, I'm 19, and I have always lived in England.
I'm spending two months in Panama on mission with a Christian organisation called Operation Mobilisation.
Between February 8th and May 31st 2011, I'm going abroad.
I'm spending two months in Panama on mission with a Christian organisation called Operation Mobilisation.
The work is partly Evangelism (spreading the word of God) with indigenous tribes in the jungle, and partly work in local communities. I'm then spending 5o days travelling in South America.
This blog will house my thoughts, my emotions, my revelations and everything I experience during my 16 weeks away. If such a premise is of any interest to you, I hope you will follow this blog and enjoy reading about my exploits.
No comments:
Post a Comment