Introduction

My name is Jonathan Guy, I'm 19, and I have always lived in England.
Between February 8th and May 31st 2011, I'm going abroad.

I'm spending two months in Panama on mission with a Christian organisation called Operation Mobilisation.
The work is partly Evangelism (spreading the word of God) with indigenous tribes in the jungle, and partly work in local communities. I'm then spending 5o days travelling in South America.

This blog will house my thoughts, my emotions, my revelations and everything I experience during my 16 weeks away. If such a premise is of any interest to you, I hope you will follow this blog and enjoy reading about my exploits.


Monday, 7 February 2011

#5 - Farewell

08/02/2010

It's now 1:23am, I've finally finished packing and phoning people to say goodbye, uploaded the whole archive of Video Notices to YouTube and done goodness knows what else.
I've almost certainly forgotten something glaringly obvious - the classics are pyjamas and a toothbrush which I always used to forget on holidays. but at least I can buy stuff over there if need be.

Felt really sick this morning - could be nerves, an outpouring of emotions...or it could have been because I had a malaria tablet on an empty stomach without any water. I have a history of feeling/being sick before special occasions - I was horrendously sick the night before my science SATS in Year 6, still got a Level 5 though. and last October, I was all trained up ready to do the Great South Run but was sick 2 nights before and couldn't do it. but I wasn't actually sick so all's good. and whatever happens, I am boarding that plane that's for certain.

In fact, I'm boarding it in 8 hours 15 minutes.
From Heathrow.
So I'd really better get some sleep.
So the next time I write, I'll be in Panama (unless the plane gets blown up or crashes or something less exciting results in me not boarding the plane).
There's a scary thought.

Hasta luego.

JG

2 comments:

  1. "I still got a level 5 though" classic. catcha soon buddy. God bless you in everything you do! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funnily enough the last person I heard of who went to Panama did it to "disappear"! Glad that you're going for more honourable reasons. Will be keeping regularly up to date.

    ReplyDelete