Introduction

My name is Jonathan Guy, I'm 19, and I have always lived in England.
Between February 8th and May 31st 2011, I'm going abroad.

I'm spending two months in Panama on mission with a Christian organisation called Operation Mobilisation.
The work is partly Evangelism (spreading the word of God) with indigenous tribes in the jungle, and partly work in local communities. I'm then spending 5o days travelling in South America.

This blog will house my thoughts, my emotions, my revelations and everything I experience during my 16 weeks away. If such a premise is of any interest to you, I hope you will follow this blog and enjoy reading about my exploits.


Sunday, 6 February 2011

#4 - One more day, one day more

07/02/2011

Really not long at all left to go now.

One day left in the shire, then I'll be off to Heathrow and in Panama City by tuesday evening enjoying the local delicacies, which I think are mainly seafood based which I'm not overly excited about.

Lost count of many things today; people I've said bye to, good wishes/luck/prayers that have been directed at me and also, good times I've had. Church this morning was really good, I was interviewed in each service and apart from a microphone being too low and therefore forcing me to speak whilst looking at my chin, both went well.
then this evening, First Sunday was absolutely insanely good. It always is to be fair, but the quality and relevance of the music, talk and conversations and just about everything about it was perfect - no matter what your preconceptions may be, no-one could deny that God was in that place tonight.
such a perfect way to leave things here in Warwickshire.

Just got a few last minute bits and bobs to get tomorrow, meeting Amy for a coffee then a final family meal with Mum, Dad and Hattie and then I'm finally off.

Scared, excited, petrified, happy, overwhelmed, hopeful, optimistic, lucky, honoured.
The above words describe my mood right now.

Not long now before I'll actually have something interesting to write about.
Not long at all.

JG

No comments:

Post a Comment